This property is in the northern part of the beautiful Wild Horse Mesa! Wild Horses? Yes, indeed, you do get to see them appear every once in a while. And if you do, it is a site to behold! Only about 13 minutes away from Sanchez Reservoir. Perfect for boating, hiking opportunities, sightseeing, or, just sitting back and relax and watch the stars at nighttime. The property has tons of trees throughout. Nice level property with quite a bit of building area. Short distance from San Luis, Alamosa, Taos, etc.
NOTE: PROPERTY OWNER BONUS – This property legally grants access to Cielo Vista Ranch for purposes of grazing livestock for domestic purposes, gathering firewood for household use, and taking timber for construction/maintenance of a house/farm buildings. Property owners will receive a gate key for access.
- Website: https://www.cielo-vista-ranch.info
- Contact: email ([email protected]) or by phone (719-680-0092)
- $750 Deposit to secure Property
- $165 per month
- Plus a $20 note servicing fee and monthly prorated property taxes (~$6.00)
- Need more specific info about the complete purchasing process? Click HERE
Via Delivery or Cistern
37°06’42.0″N 105°26’21.6″W (Approx.)
Special Warranty Deed (Treasures Deed)
Approx. $70 per year
(TBD) Overland Way, San Luis, CO 81152
Approximate Corner Coordinates:
NW: 37.1117, -105.4397
NE: 37.1116, -105.4390
SW: 37.1102, -105.4397
SE: 37.1102, -105.4390
Driving Directions: (Click links below)
A beautiful 2.53 acre lot in Costilla County, Colorado! in the northern part of the Wild Horse Mesa, right on Overland Way, a well maintained dirt/gravel road. Plenty of trees for camping and RVing with some nice open areas, great for a little cabin, etc. Located about 13 miles south of San Luis, the oldest town in Colorado, and about 59 miles north of Taos. The property is for the most part pretty level and easy to work with.
In the mood for angling? A short drive to the southwest (about 4 miles) is the Sanchez Reservoir, and the Sanchez Reservoir Wildlife Area, for fishing and hunting opportunities (NOTE: License required for both activities!)
Electric – Solar/Generator
Water – Delivery, Well or Cistern
Septic – Would need to be installed
Camping is allowed for 14 consecutive days every 3 months. For long permit camping/RVing please contact the Costilla County Planning and Zoning department directly.
Costilla County Planning and Zoning info:
Phone: (719) 937-7668
Wild Horse Mesa
Wild Horse Mesa (also known as San Pedro Mesa) covers about 75 square miles, a few miles south of San Luis, near New Mexico. The mesa area is home to about 150 wild horses (mustangs), broken into 9 bands, roaming on private lands. They are descendants of horses used by Spanish explorers (conquistadors), brought to America in the 1500’s. Spaniards began bringing horses and cattle to North America starting in 1493, after Columbus landed in 1492.
Activities near San Luis
- Alamosa National Wildlife Refuge (36mi)
- Great Sand Dunes National Park (45mi)
- Great Sand Dunes Wilderness.
- Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge (58mi)
- Rio Grande National Forest.
- Sangre de Cristo Wilderness.
Activities in Taos
- Taos Pueblo
- Taos Ski Valley
- The Millicent Rogers Museum
- Kit Carson Museum
- The Rio Grande Gorge and The Gorge Bridge
- Taos Plaza
- San Francisco de Assisi Mission Church (and many more activities)
Activities at Sanchez Reservoir
- Hunting (License required)
- Fishing (License required)
- Winter Activities such as Snow Shoeing, Cross Country Skiing, Snow Tubing, etc.
Distances to Places:
- 50 Alamosa (Pharmacy, Hospital, Coffee Shops, Hardware Store, etc)
- 9.5 miles to San Luis
- 59 miles to Taos
- 3.6 miles to Sanchez Reservoir
- 164 miles to Colorado Springs
We hope the above extensive information/links to the places mentioned will inspire you that this spot is the ideal location for you to relax and enjoy! If you do need additional info, please contact us at: [email protected], or call as at: 214-919-3090 – Wolfwind Properties